- Detta ämne har 1 svar, 1 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast för 1 år, 3 månader sedan av happident.
2020-10-01 kl. 06:01 #2868Martha BelangerGäst
The Nocturnal Brain
Nightmares, Neuroscience, and the Secret World of Sleep
by Guy Leschziner
- ISBN: 9781250202703 (1250202701)
- Format: hardcover, 368 pages
- Language: english
- Release date: July 23, 2019
- Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (St. Martin’s Press)
- Author: Guy Leschziner
About The Book
A renowned neurologist shares the true stories of people unable to get a good night’s rest in The Nocturnal Brain: Nightmares, Neuroscience, and the Secret World of Sleep, a fascinating exploration of the symptoms and syndromes behind sleep disorders.
For Dr. Guy Leschziner’s patients, there is no rest for the weary in mind and body. Insomnia, narcolepsy, night terrors, apnea, and sleepwalking are just a sampling of conditions afflicting sufferers who cannot sleep — and their experiences in trying are the stuff of nightmares. Demoniac hallucinations frighten people into paralysis. Restless legs rock both the sleepless and their sleeping partners with unpredictable and uncontrollable kicking. Out-of-sync circadian rhythms confuse the natural body clock’s days and nights.
Then there are the extreme cases. A woman in a state of deep sleep who gets dressed, unlocks her car, and drives for several miles before returning to bed. The man who has spent decades cleaning out kitchens while “sleep-eating.” The teenager prone to the serious, yet unfortunately nicknamed Sleeping Beauty Syndrome stuck in a cycle of excessive unconsciousness, binge eating, and uncharacteristic displays of aggression and hypersexuality while awake.
With compassionate stories of his patients and their conditions, Dr. Leschziner illustrates the neuroscience behind our sleeping minds, revealing the many biological and psychological factors necessary in getting the rest that will not only maintain our physical and mental health, but improve our cognitive abilities and overall happiness.
Hardback ebook The Nocturnal Brain Guy Leschziner. TXT The Nocturnal Brain buy on reader on Walmart. Online book The Nocturnal Brain download.2020-10-03 kl. 02:55 #3430happidentGäst
- Muzzled by David Rosenfelt ~ 9781250257116
- Cats in the Crater by Mo O’Hara ~ 9781250128157
- The Monster of Elendhaven by Jennifer Giesbrecht ~ 9781250225689
- The Sun on My Head: Stories by Geovani Martins ~ 9780374223779
- Where the Light Enters: Building a Family, Discovering Myself by Jill Biden ~ 9781250182340