- Detta ämne har 1 svar, 1 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast för 8 månader sedan av happident.
2020-10-11 kl. 03:17 #5305Jake LewisGäst
Repeal the Second Amendment
The Case for a Safer America
by Allan J. Lichtman
- Author: Allan J. Lichtman
- Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (St. Martin’s Press)
- Language: english
- Release date: January 28, 2020
- Format: hardcover, 336 pages
- ISBN: 9781250244406 (1250244404)
About The Book
A radical case for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment as the only way to control gun violence in America.
There’s an average of one mass shooting per day in the United States. Given the ineffectiveness of the gun control lobby, it’s time for a strategy with spine. In Repeal the Second Amendment, Allan J. Lichtman has written the first book that uses history, legal theory and up-to-the-minute data to make a compelling case for the amendment’s repeal in order to create a clear road to sensible gun control in the US.
Repeal the Second Amendment explores both the true history and current interpretation of the Second Amendment to expose the NRA’s blatant historical manipulations and irresponsible fake news releases. Lichtman looks at the history of firearms and gun regulations from colonial times to the present to explain how a historically forgotten sentence in the Constitution has become a flash point of recent politics that benefits only the gun industry, their lobbyists, and the politicians on their payroll. He probes court decisions and the effective lobbying and public relations strategies of the gun lobby as well as the ineffectiveness of the gun control movement for lessons in doing better.
What emerges is a clear and cogent plan — repeal and replace the Second Amendment without taking guns away from anyone who has them now — to make the US a safer place. It’s time to Repeal the Second Amendment, and Allan Lichtman is the man to bring this radical plan to America.
EPUB book Repeal the Second Amendment by Allan J. Lichtman download reader. Hardback Repeal the Second Amendment on IndieBound. Online ebook Repeal the Second Amendment buy cheap on Books-a-Million.2020-10-11 kl. 03:56 #5317happidentGäst
- Mr. Straight Arrow: The Career of John Hersey, Author of Hiroshima by Jeremy Treglown · 9781250251244
- A Stranger on the Beach by Michele Campbell · 9781250202536
- Play in the Wild: How Baby Animals Like to Have Fun by Lita Judge · 9781250237064
- My Parents: An Introduction / This Does Not Belong to You by Aleksandar Hemon · 9780374217433