- Detta ämne har 0 svar, 1 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast för 6 månader sedan av Jennifer Balestrino.
2020-11-09 kl. 22:05 #10571Jennifer BalestrinoGäst
The Glorious Heresies
(Ryan Cusack, #1)
by Lisa McInerney
- ISBN: 9781444798852 (1444798855)
- Places: Ireland
- Genres: fiction, ireland, contemporary, mystery, crime, novels
- Awards: Desmond Elliott Prize (2016), Women’s Prize for Fiction (2016), Kirkus Prize Nominee for Fiction (2016), Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Nominee for Longlist (2016)
- Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- Format: hardcover, 384 pages
- Author: Lisa McInerney
- Language: english
- Series: Ryan Cusack, #1
- Release date: April 9, 2015
About The Book
One messy murder affects the lives of five misfits who exist on the fringes of Ireland’s post-crash society. Ryan is a fifteen-year-old drug dealer desperate not to turn out like his alcoholic father Tony, whose obsession with his unhinged next-door neighbour threatens to ruin him and his family. Georgie is a prostitute whose willingness to feign a religious conversion has dangerous repercussions, while Maureen, the accidental murderer, has returned to Cork after forty years in exile to discover that Jimmy, the son she was forced to give up years before, has grown into the most fearsome gangster in the city. In seeking atonement for the murder and a multitude of other perceived sins, Maureen threatens to destroy everything her son has worked so hard for, while her actions risk bringing the intertwined lives of the Irish underworld into the spotlight . . .
Biting, moving and darkly funny, The Glorious Heresies explores salvation, shame and the legacy of Ireland’s twentieth-century attitudes to sex and family.
FB2 book The Glorious Heresies read online Kindle on Dymocks. Hardcover ebook The Glorious Heresies Lisa McInerney download. EPUB The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney for Mac.
MOBI book The Glorious Heresies buy cheap on Walmart. MP3 ebook The Glorious Heresies download on PC on Audible. PDF The Glorious Heresies Lisa McInerney.