- Detta ämne har 1 svar, 1 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast för 1 år, 3 månader sedan av happident.
2020-10-07 kl. 20:17 #4576Cherie GantGäst
My Life in War, Peace, and the Cockpit of the Navy’s Most Lethal Aircraft, the F/A-18 Super Hornet
by Caroline Johnson, Hof Williams
- Language: english
- Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (St. Martin’s Press)
- Release date: November 5, 2019
- ISBN: 9781250139290 (1250139295)
- Format: hardcover, 336 pages
- Author: Caroline Johnson, Hof Williams
About The Book
A fresh, unique insider’s view of what it’s like to be a woman aviator in today’s US Navy — from pedicures to parachutes, friendship to firefights.
Caroline Johnson was an unlikely aviation candidate. A tall blonde debutante from Colorado, she could have just as easily gone into fashion or filmmaking, and yet she went on to become an F/A-18 Super Hornet Weapons System Officer. She was one of the first women to fly a combat mission over Iraq since 2011, and one of the first women to drop bombs on ISIS.
Jet Girl tells the remarkable story of the women fighting at the forefront in a military system that allows them to reach the highest peaks, and yet is in many respects still a fraternity. Johnson offers an insider’s view on the fascinating, thrilling, dangerous and, at times, glamorous world of being a naval aviator.
This is a coming-of age story about a young college-aged woman who draws strength from a tight knit group of friends, called the Jet Girls, and struggles with all the ordinary problems of life: love, work, catty housewives, father figures, make-up, wardrobe, not to mention being put into harm’s way daily with terrorist groups such as ISIS and world powers such as Russia and Iran.
Some of the most memorable parts of the book are about real life in training, in the air and in combat — how do you deal with having to pee in a cockpit the size of a bumper car going 600 miles an hour?
Not just a memoir, this book also aims to change the conversation and to inspire and attract the next generation of men and women who are tempted to explore a life of adventure and service.
MOBI book Jet Girl buy on Audible. PDF ebook Jet Girl by Caroline Johnson read for Android. FB2 Jet Girl Caroline Johnson download. EPUB Jet Girl on Kindle on Booktopia. TXT book Jet Girl Mac on Book Depository.2020-10-07 kl. 22:46 #4603happidentGäst
- Mr. Straight Arrow: The Career of John Hersey, Author of Hiroshima by Jeremy Treglown – 9781250251244
- Hid from Our Eyes: A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne Mystery by Julia Spencer-Fleming – 9780312606855
- Finale by Stephanie Garber – 9781250157683
- The Sprout Book: Tap into the Power of the Planet’s Most Nutritious Food by Doug Evans – 9781250226174
- Adachi and Shimamura (Light Novel) Vol. 1 by Hitoma Iruma – 9781645055358