- Detta ämne har 1 svar, 1 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast för 8 månader, 2 veckor sedan av happident.
2020-09-30 kl. 21:35 #2760Kimberly ChastainGäst
The Yellow Bird Sings
by Jennifer Rosner
- Language: english
- Publisher: Flatiron Books
- ISBN: 9781250179760 (1250179769)
- Author: Jennifer Rosner
- Release date: March 3, 2020
- Format: hardcover, 304 pages
About The Book
In Poland, as World War II rages, a mother hides with her young daughter, a musical prodigy whose slightest sound may cost them their lives.
As Nazi soldiers round up the Jews in their town, Róza and her 5-year-old daughter, Shira, flee, seeking shelter in a neighbor’s barn. Hidden in the hayloft day and night, Shira struggles to stay still and quiet, as music pulses through her and the farmyard outside beckons. To soothe her daughter and pass the time, Róza tells her a story about a girl in an enchanted garden:
The girl is forbidden from making a sound, so the yellow bird sings. He sings whatever the girl composes in her head: high-pitched trills of piccolo; low-throated growls of contrabassoon. Music helps the flowers bloom.
In this make-believe world, Róza can shield Shira from the horrors that surround them. But the day comes when their haven is no longer safe, and Róza must make an impossible choice: whether to keep Shira by her side or give her the chance to survive apart.
Inspired by the true stories of Jewish children hidden during World War II, Jennifer Rosner’s debut is a breathtaking novel about the unbreakable bond between a mother and a daughter. Beautiful and riveting, The Yellow Bird Sings is a testament to the triumph of hope — a whispered story, a bird’s song — in even the darkest of times.
Hardback book The Yellow Bird Sings by Jennifer Rosner read online on iOS on Dymocks. Online ebook The Yellow Bird Sings download. Hardcover The Yellow Bird Sings Jennifer Rosner on Amazon.2020-10-01 kl. 00:47 #2808happidentGäst
- Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery – 9781529031836
- Permission to Feel: Unlocking the Power of Emotions to Help Our Kids, Ourselves, and Our Society Thrive by Marc Brackett – 9781250212849
- The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo – 9781250750303
- Primitive Boyfriend Vol. 2 by Yoshineko Kitafuku – 9781645054931
- Forever My Duke by Olivia Drake – 9781250174390